Meet Dr. Amjad Hammad at EyesNY
Amjad M. Hammad, MD, MBA
— Retinal Exams and Surgery
Locations: Ballston Spa, Clifton Park, Troy
Dr. Amjad Hammad is a board-certified ophthalmologist who specializes in the medical, surgical, and laser treatment of the retina and vitreous. He is fellowship trained in vitreo-retinal surgery.
Dr. Hammad is a graduate of the University of Jordan Medical School. He completed his ophthalmology Residency at Albany Medical Center and furthered his specialty with a neuro-ophthalmology fellowship at Michigan State University and a vitreo-retinal fellowship at Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio. He is board-certified in ophthalmology by the American Board of Ophthalmology, as well as the Jordanian Board of Ophthalmology. In addition, Dr. Hammad completed his Masters of Business Management at the Yale School of Management. He is a member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology and the American Society of Retinal Specialists.
Dr. Hammad is president-elect of the New York State Ophthalmological Society. He has worked and lectured frequently in the Middle-East, as well as the United States. He has organized and taught in many conferences and workshops in Jordan and Dubai.
Our mission is to provide you unparalleled eye care in a caring environment. We are patient-centered, community-minded, and dedicated to others. This means your visit will be an experience where your care and time are our top priorities. We accept new patients every day, and urgent or emergency referrals are seen the same day.
- University of Jordan Medical School
- Masters of Business Management at the Yale School of Management
- American Board of Ophthalmology
- Jordanian Board of Ophthalmology
- Ophthalmology residency at Albany Medical Center
- Fellowship trained in vitreo-retinal surgery and neuro-ophthalmology
- Neuro-ophthalmology fellowship at Michigan State University
- Vitreo-retinal fellowship at Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio